You have reached the end of the Electrical Energy Efficiency Training Course!
The online Electrical Efficiency course has been developed by Simon Gilmore of the Canberra Institute of Technology for NECA, by conversion of the following text based materials.
1. The sections on Energy Management, Safety*, Motors, Pumps and Fans and Heating, Cooling and Solar were originally produced by Learning Resource Development section of Box Hill Institute, Victoria. These were produced as:
Course in Electrical Efficiency (2008)
Arthur D’Aprano, Suzanne Diprose
Suzanne Burton, Sonia Daru, Shereen Strutton
*The section on Risk Management (within the section on Safety) was written by Simon Gilmore.
2. The section on Energy Efficient lighting was converted from the resource:
The Basics of Efficient Lighting (2009)
Prepared for the National Framework for Energy Efficiency in August 2009 by Trevor Stork FIES (Aust&NZ) and Moira Mathers, with project management by Beletich Associates. These authors acknowledge information from the following sources:
- Osram - Product Training Program
- Philips – Philips Lighting Academy
- Light Naturally (Steve Coyne)
- The Lighting Innovation Centre
- Queensland University of Technology
- RMIT University
- The Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency
- The Department of the Environment, Water Heritage and the Arts
It is also important to acknowledge the significant input made by the NECA executive, NECA National Office, NECA State Chapters, and the many employers who contributed to the development of the original material and this online resource. Without their help this project would not have been possible.
The project of developing this material was coordinated by Business Group Australia.
The information in this online course is to the best of the developers knowledge true and correct. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this book, neither the developer nor Canberra Institute of Technology shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to any liability, loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained in this online material.