- Electricity Prices
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Why choose an EcoSmart Electrician?
- How to become energy efficient
- How to save you money?
- Find an EcoSmart Electrician
forgot your password?
Residential Solar Systems
Thousands of Australian homowners right across the country are currently recieving the benefits of solar PV. In 2011 approximately 250,000 grid connect residential solar PV systems were installed.
Not only are solar PV systems more popular than ever they are also more affordable than ever.
Many EcoSmart Electricians are accredited solar PV installers and can take the customer through the process of installing a solar system with little fuss. EcoSmart Electricans own and run their own businesses and understand how important safety and performance are to their customers.
To find your nearest EcoSmart Electrician who installs solar PV systems click here.
Governments both state and federal have provided incentives to encourage residents to install solar PV systems. The links below provide an overview of government schemes and rebates which apply to residential solar PV.
- As at August 2011 there were over 500,000 solar PV systems installed in Australia, Approximately half of these were installed in 2011 alone.
- Solar PV makes up 2.3% of Australias clean energy generation.
- The number of Australian households with solar panels had increased more than 35 times over the last three years.
- Solar PV by state
- 4,273 Clean Energy Council accredited installers in Australia (as at Sept 2011)